2018 Community Objectives Workshops
Hello, Ward 9 Neighbours!
I believe that great neighbourhoods make a great city and to build great neighbourhoods, community stakeholders must work with their elected official to discuss the direction of their communities. This is why I am very proud to announce that I will be continuing to host the Ward 9 Community Objectives Workshops (lovingly known as COWs) in all Ward 9 neighbourhoods in 2018.
With the ward boundary changes coming out of the 2017 municipal election, and new communities being added to Ward 9, I am committed to hosting COWs in all of our new neighbourhoods, as well as following up in all of the remaining pre-2017 Ward 9 neighbourhoods.
What are the goals of the 2018 COWs?
The goals of the 2018 Community Objectives Workshops are to:
- Identify the needs and concerns of residents, businesses, community institutions and service providers;
- Prioritize those needs and concerns and discuss potential solutions;
- Formulate a strategic plan to resolve and achieve these solutions;
- Connect that strategic plan with the larger strategic goals of the Ward 9 Office; and
- Prepare the 2017-2021 Ward 9 Strategic Report for Ward 9 residents that outlines the strategic plan and goals, and how they will be achieved.
These workshops continue to be a huge success and the results will help to direct and guide the work that we do on your behalf.
When is your 2018 COW?
- January 2018 - Bridgeland-Riverside & Renfrew (completed!)
- February 2018 - Inglewood & Ramsay (completed!)
- March 2018 - Millican-Ogden
- April 2018 - Manchester & Fairview
- May 2018 - Southview
- June 2018 - Albert Park-Radisson Heights
- September 2018 - Forest Lawn & Forest Heights
- October 2018 - Penbrooke Meadows, Applewood Park & Red Carpet
- November 2018 - Dover & Erin Woods
Please sign up for updates at my website – www.gccarra.ca – to receive the “Save The Date” notice my office will send out with specific details about your community’s workshop. We will also include a link for you to RSVP at.
I hope you will join me in building and enhancing our Great Neighbourhoods.
Councillor Gian-Carlo Carra
P.S. If you are interested in being kept in the loop about this or any other issue that is important to you in your neighbourhood, I encourage you to sign up for the Ward 9 email list by clicking here.
P.P.S. Have you given any thought of joining and participating in your community association? They are a solid group of neighbourhood volunteers who our office relies on to give us insight into the concerns and issues of the community. It’s been shown that there is a direct correlation between the number of residents who volunteer with their community association and the quality of life of the neighbourhood. Check them out and let’s continue to build our #GreatNeighbourhoods.