Ramsay and Inglewood Community Objectives Workshop Invite
Hello to all of my Ramsay and Inglewood Neighbours!
I believe that great neighbourhoods make a great city and to build great neighbourhoods, community stakeholders must work with their elected official to discuss the direction of their communities. In 2016, your Team Ward 9 ran a series of Community Objectives Workshops (lovingly known as COWs) in every one of our great neighbourhoods. From this work we were able to come together and develop a game plan on tackling important issues in each neighbourhood. We recorded all the data collected (which can be found in our Inglewood & Ramsay Raw Data Report) and distilled this information into the Ward 9 Strategic Report 2013-2017.
This was an opportunity for our Ward 9 neighbours - including residents, community associations, businesses, service providers and community institutions - to come out and tell us what they love about their community, how we can improve their quality of life and how they can help drive the change they want to see in the future.
I am very proud to announce that I will be continuing to host the Ward 9 Community Objectives Workshops (lovingly known as COWs) in all Ward 9 neighbourhoods in 2018 and I would like to invite all our Ward 9 neighbours in Ramsay and Inglewood to join us for a follow up session to our first COW.
What are the goals of the 2018 COWs?
The goals of the 2018 Community Objectives Workshops are to:
- Re-evaluate and review the priorities established from the first workshop in 2016 and identify any new issues and concerns;
- Identify the needs and concerns of residents, businesses, community institutions and service providers;
- Prioritize those needs and concerns and discuss potential solutions;
- Formulate a strategic plan to resolve and achieve these solutions;
- Connect that strategic plan with the larger strategic goals of the Ward 9 Office; and
- Prepare the 2017-2021 Ward 9 Strategic Report for Ward 9 residents that outlines the strategic plan and goals, and how they will be achieved.
These workshops continue to be a huge success and the results will help to direct and guide the work that we do on your behalf.
When: Saturday, February 24, 2018
Time: 10:30am to 2:30pm
Where: Inglewood Bird Sanctuary - 2425 9 Avenue SE
*Light refreshments & lunch will be provided*
Please note: You did NOT have to attend the 2016 COW to be able to participate in our 2018 series and all are welcome, although space IS limited.
I hope you will join me in building Great Neighbourhoods.
City Councillor, Ward 9
P.S. Contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 403-268-5330. If you’re on social media follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram through my username, @gccarra, to get updates about your community, Ward 9, and Calgary.