On Friday, June 30, Gian-Carlo met with neighbours in Inglewood to discuss the Jack Long Foundation's plans to build Elderhouse. This pilot project is a new and innovative approach to address the need for affordable seniors housing, which allows older adults to age-in-place and works towards Jack Long's vision of Inglewood where people of all ages, wages and stages can live, work and play.
Watch Gian-Carlo explain the history of the two sites that were being considered for this project. He also outlines the "Move Forward Plan" to ensure that the community is engaged in the planning process, can help decide what is "developable" land and what is not with the ultimate goal of creating high-quality park space for the community through the development of Elderhouse.
- Council made a decision to allow the Jack Long Foundation to purchase 2244 15A Street SE
- The Jack Long Foundation currently has a Development Permit in with the City of Calgary. The community and neighbours can comment on the development and provide feedback on how to achieve the best outcome for the site.
- The Inglewood Community Association's Redevelopment Committee will be reviewing this Development Permit on July 5th and will provide feedback on behalf of the ICA.
Move Forward Plan
- Over the next year and a bit, the Ward 9 Office along with our partners in the City of Calgary will engage, in a meaningful way, with the community on this project.
- Through this process we will explore where is appropriate to develop, where is not appropriate to develop, where is the best place to develop a park space and how we would like the money from the land transfer and sales to be used to develop a high-quality park space for the community.
- This project and the park space will formally be included in the Inglewood Area Redevelopment Plan.
- Calgary City Council as well as Urban Strategies and Real Estate and Development Services will all be working with our office and the community to achieve the goals that the community outlines for a high-quality park space in conjunction with Jack Long Foundation's Elderhouse pilot project.
Notice of Motions for the Jack Long Foundation
- Jack Long Foundation Municipal Reserve Land Acquisition for Affordable Housing in Inglewood (April 13, 2016)
- REVISED - Jack Long Foundation Municipal Reserve Land Acquisition for Affordable Housing in Inglewood (November 24, 2016)